You are here
1. Find a flat surface to set your device on. This can be a music stand, an end table, ect…
2. Set your device just behind your hi-hat so you can see without having to turn your neck too far.
3. Use headphones that cover your entire ears, so you can clearly hear the examples.
4. Shut out distractions! For the time you are playing do not check text messages or social media.
5. Repeat videos multiple times, even if you can go faster. The point here is to get repetitions!
6. Treat this as a workout. When you finish, you should feel like you worked hard and your muscles should be tired.
Triple Stroke Roll | Introduction
Practice Drumming presents a Triple Stroke Roll, online drum lesson.
The Triple Stroke Roll is a very forgotten about drum rudiment, partly because it's just tricky to pull off! Like the Buzz Roll or the Double Stroke Roll, the Triple Stroke Roll, takes a special attention to finger technique.
Things to keep in mind while using this course.
After you've watched the explanation videos, listen through the following play along, and.... play along! The concept is really that simple.
Our main foundation in Practice Drumming is to give you videos that allow you repetitions to make measurable progress. We have nothing wrong with online drum lessons that spend time discussing the topics at hand, but from our student feedback, it's often just too much.
We cut the talking down to a minimum, and separated it as well so that once you've watched the explanation, you can move onto focus on your drumming.
Our tips for success.
- Do a lot of reps at every speed. Slow BPM's allow you to focus on control (don't skip them) and fast BPM's test your endurance.
- Take time to listen, to make sure you're playing the snare drum exercises, beats and fills correctly.
- Make sure that your device (computer, tablet or phone) is in a spot that you can easily see it while drumming.
- Add this course to your practice list to view it at a later time.